Vibativ® Sustained Potency Confirmed In Two Surveillance Studies
Vibativ is a patented, FDA approved anti-infective for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia. It is also approved for complicated skin and skin structure infections. It addresses a range of Gram-positive bacterial pathogens, including those that are considered difficult-to-treat and multidrug-resistant.
The global study published in Microbial Drug Resistance1 reports that since 2011, there has been little or no change in telavancin activity against several important Gram-positive pathogen groups that include MRSA, CoNS, vancomycin-susceptible E. faecalis, S. pneumoniae, viridans group streptococci, and b-hemolytic streptococci. Telavancin maintained excellent antimicrobial activity against multidrug-resistant subsets of these pathogen groups and against ceftaroline-nonsusceptible (telavancin MIC90 value, 0.06 μg/mL; 100% susceptible) and ceftaroline-resistant (telavancin MIC90 value, 0.12 μg/mL; 100% susceptible) S. aureus isolates. Telavancin exhibited MIC90 values of 0.06 mg/mL against the full global set of S. aureus isolates and the MRSA subset.
1. Duncan, Leonard R et al. "Antimicrobial Activity of Telavancin Tested In Vitro Against a Global Collection of Gram-Positive Pathogens, Including Multidrug-Resistant Isolates (2015-2017)." Microbial drug resistance (
2. Duncan, Leonard R et al. "Regional analysis of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial activity against multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus collected in the
Vibativ is a once-daily, injectable lipoglycopeptide antibiotic with in vitro potency, bactericidal activity within six hours, and penetration into target infection sites. The drug is approved in the
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of chronic and acute constipation;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia;
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections;
- RediTrex® (methotrexate) Injection, for the treatment of active rheumatoid, juvenile idiopathic and severe psoriatic arthritis, as well as disabling psoriasis.
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit the individual product websites, links to which can be found on the Company's website www.cumberlandpharma.com.
The Company also has a series of Phase II clinical programs underway evaluating its ifetroban product candidates in patients with cardiomyopathy associated with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy ("DMD"), Systemic Sclerosis ("SSc"), and Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory Disease ("AERD"), Hepatorenal Syndrome ("HRS") and Portal Hypertension ("P.H.").
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and reflect Cumberland's current views on future events based on what it believes are reasonable assumptions. No assurance can be given that these events will occur. As with any business, all phases of Cumberland's operations are subject to factors outside of its control, and any one or combination of these factors could materially affect Cumberland's results of operations. These factors include market conditions, competition, an inability of manufacturers to produce Cumberland's products on a timely basis or failure of manufacturers to comply with regulations applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturers, maintaining an effective sales and marketing infrastructure, natural disasters, public health epidemics, and other events beyond our control, as more fully discussed in the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent 10-Qs as filed with the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vibativ-sustained-potency-confirmed-in-two-surveillance-studies-301056976.html
Investor Contact: Erin Gull, Corporate Relations, (615) 255-0068; Media Contacts: Jeff Bradford, the Bradford Group, (615) 515-4880 office, (615) 337-0964 mobile; Molly Aggas, The Bradford Group, (615) 515-4882 office, (615) 704-641-6641 mobile