Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Reports 2.5M Patient Doses Delivered, No Product Recalls, No FDA Issues in 2020
"After issuing our inaugural ESG report last year, we remain committed to sustainability and to maintaining transparency of our corporate operations," said
The report states that in 2020 Cumberland provided nearly 2.5 million patient doses of its products, safely disposed of over 4,000 pounds of expired and damaged products and had no product recalls. No Company brands were listed on the FDA’s MedWatch Safety Alerts for Human Medical Products. Also, no Company product issues were identified by FDA from their Adverse Event Reporting System.
"2020 was a challenging year and we are proud to have responded to the pandemic with a fast and coordinated approach to ensure the health and safety of our team. We were able to continue the delivery of our products, while addressing the interests of our shareholders, employees, partners and community," said
Cumberland is committed to delivering high-quality pharmaceutical products to improve patient care. The 2020 Sustainability Report notes that the company has implemented an initiative to serialize all commercial products sold in
Additionally, the report highlights the biopharmaceutical company's investment in its employees through its continuing education programs, employee development initiatives and employee awards. Cumberland's workforce is 46% women – and 18% of its employees are minorities.
For more information on how Cumberland is addressing topics of importance to its employees, investors and the communities it serves, please view Cumberland's 2020 Sustainability Report at www.cumberlandpharma.com on the Investor Relation section's Corporate Governance page.
The company's portfolio of FDA-approved brands includes:
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of chronic and acute constipation;
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections;
- RediTrex® (methotrexate) Injection, for the treatment of active rheumatoid, juvenile idiopathic and severe psoriatic arthritis, as well as disabling psoriasis.
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit the individual product websites, links to which can be found on the company's website www.cumberlandpharma.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and reflect Cumberland's current views on future events based on what it believes are reasonable assumptions. No assurance can be given that these events will occur. As with any business, all phases of Cumberland's operations are subject to factors outside of its control, and any one or combination of these factors could materially affect Cumberland's results of operations. These factors include market conditions, competition, an inability of manufacturers to produce Cumberland's products on a timely basis or failure of manufacturers to comply with regulations applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturers, maintaining an effective sales and marketing infrastructure, natural disasters, public health epidemics, and other events beyond our control as more fully discussed in the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent 10-Qs as filed with the
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cumberland-pharmaceuticals-reports-2-5m-patient-doses-delivered-no-product-recalls-no-fda-issues-in-2020--301340582.html
Investor Contact: Shayla Simpson, Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, (615) 255-0068; Media Contacts: Molly Aggas, Dalton Agency, 704) 641-6641; Bailee Mulder, Dalton Agency, (615) 515-4885