Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Releases Inaugural Report On Its Environmental, Social And Governance (ESG) Activities
Cumberland's board has appointed
"As the largest biopharmaceutical company founded and headquartered in the mid-South, Cumberland is committed to sustainability and transparency," Young said. "This inaugural ESG report represents a milestone for Cumberland and will build upon the foundation of corporate responsibility the company has established over the years. We look forward to sharing updates as we fulfill this important initiative."
The sustainability reports notes that, during 2019, Cumberland provided nearly 4 million patient doses of its products, safely disposed of over 9,700 pounds of expired and damaged products and had no product recalls. The company also had no product listings on the
"The ESG policies and practices we've built into our daily operations are central to our commitment to fulfilling our mission of delivering high-quality medicines, while addressing the interests of our shareholders, employees, partners and community," said
For more information on how Cumberland is addressing topics of importance to its employees, investors and the communities it serves, please view Cumberland's 2019 Sustainability Report at www.cumberlandpharma.com on the Corporate Governance section's Investor Relations page.
The Company's portfolio of FDA approved brands includes:
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of chronic and acute constipation;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia;
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections;
- RediTrex™ (methotrexate) Injection, for the treatment of active rheumatoid, juvenile idiopathic and severe psoriatic arthritis, as well as disabling psoriasis.
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit the individual product websites, links to which can be found on the Company's website www.cumberlandpharma.com.
The Company also has a series of Phase II clinical programs underway evaluating its ifetroban product candidates in patients with cardiomyopathy associated with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy ("DMD"), Systemic Sclerosis ("SSc"), and Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory Disease ("AERD"), Hepatorenal Syndrome ("HRS") and Portal Hypertension ("P.H.").
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and reflect Cumberland's current views on future events based on what it believes are reasonable assumptions. No assurance can be given that these events will occur. As with any business, all phases of Cumberland's operations are subject to factors outside of its control, and any one or combination of these factors could materially affect Cumberland's results of operations. These factors include market conditions, competition, an inability of manufacturers to produce Cumberland's products on a timely basis or failure of manufacturers to comply with regulations applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturers, maintaining an effective sales and marketing infrastructure, natural disasters, public health epidemics, and other events beyond our control, as more fully discussed in the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent 10-Qs as filed with the
There can be no assurance that results anticipated by the Company will be realized or that they will have the expected effects. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company does not undertake any obligation to publicly revise these statements to reflect events after the date hereof.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cumberland-pharmaceuticals-releases-inaugural-report-on-its-environmental-social-and-governance-esg-activities-301048265.html
Investor Contact: Erin Gull, Corporate Relations, (615) 255-0068; Media Contacts: Jeff Bradford, the Bradford Group, (615) 515-4880 office, (615) 337-0964 mobile; Molly Aggas, The Bradford Group, (615) 515-4882 office, 704-641-6641 mobile