Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Approval for RediTrex™ Product Line
RediTrex (methotrexate) injection is designed for the treatment of adult and pediatric patients with rheumatoid arthritis, as well as adults with psoriasis. The approval of the product came after a number of communications with the
Methotrexate is approved in the U.S. as both an oral and injectable treatment. While oral formulations are widely available, injectable methotrexate has been shown to result in increased efficacy, greater continuation rates and less discomfort for patients. Cumberland's methotrexate products will provide enhancements and patient benefits over conventional injectable methotrexate products currently available in the U.S.
Cumberland has acquired exclusive U.S. commercial rights to
"We are delighted by the
Cumberland will launch two injectable methotrexate product lines within the U.S., with both product offerings intended for the treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis and severe psoriasis.
The injectable U.S. methotrexate market totaled over 670,000 prescriptions last year, with approximately
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of chronic and acute constipation;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
- RediTrex™ (methotrexate) Injection, for the treatment of adult and pediatric patients with rheumatoid arthritis and adults with psoriasis;
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia; and
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections.
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit the individual product websites, links to which can be found on the Company's website www.cumberlandpharma.com.
The Company has Phase II clinical programs underway evaluating its ifetroban product candidates in patients with cardiomyopathy associated with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy ("DMD"), Systemic Sclerosis ("SSc"), and Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory Disease ("AERD"), Hepatorenal Syndrome ("HRS"), and patients with Portal Hypertension ("PH").
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and reflect Cumberland's current views on future events based on what it believes are reasonable assumptions. No assurance can be given that these events will occur. Forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding our intent, belief or expectations. As with any business, all phases of Cumberland's operations are subject to factors outside of its control, and any one or combination of these factors could materially affect Cumberland's results of operations. These factors include market conditions, competition, an inability of manufacturers to produce Cumberland's products on a timely basis or failure of manufacturers to comply with regulations applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturers, maintaining an effective sales and marketing infrastructure and other factors discussed in the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent 10-Q's as filed with the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cumberland-pharmaceuticals-receives-fda-approval-for-reditrex-product-line-300966976.html
Investor Contact: Erin Gull, Corporate Relations, (615) 255-0068; Media Contact: Jeff Bradford, the Bradford Group, (615) 515-4880