Vibativ® Effectively Helps Treat Secondary Bacterial Infections In COVID-19 Patients
The dossier of patient case studies outlines five real-world instances where Vibativ effectively and safely treated hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia in COVID-19 patients. These types of pneumonia result from serious staph infections, such as methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
"We have seen that the timely and appropriate use of potent antibiotics such as Vibativ can improve patient outcomes and even be life-saving," said
"In these patients, bacterial pneumonia developed and likely contributed to their failure to improve clinically," said
Cumberland's Vibativ (telavancin) has been used across the country to help COVID-19 patients who develop secondary bacterial infections in their lungs. The five case studies in Cumberland's dossier illustrate that once-daily dosing of telavancin can effectively and safely treat HABP or VABP due to Gram-positive infection among COVID-19 patients.
Vibativ is a patented, FDA-approved injectable anti-infective for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including HABP and VABP that can result from COVID-19, flu and other infections. It is also approved for complicated skin and skin structure infections. It addresses a range of Gram-positive bacterial pathogens, including those that are considered difficult-to-treat and multidrug-resistant.
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of constipation;
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections;
- RediTrex® (methotrexate) Injection, for the treatment of active rheumatoid, juvenile idiopathic and severe psoriatic arthritis, as well as disabling psoriasis;
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease; and
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning.
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit links to the individual product websites, which can be found on the company's website www.cumberlandpharma.com.
The company has Phase II clinical programs underway evaluating its ifetroban product candidates in patients with cardiomyopathy associated with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy ("DMD"), Systemic Sclerosis ("SSc"), and Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory Disease ("AERD").
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vibativ-effectively-helps-treat-secondary-bacterial-infections-in-covid-19-patients-301316004.html
Investor Contacts, Shayla Simpson, Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, (615) 255-0068; Media Contacts: Jeff Bradford, Bradford Dalton Group, (615) 515-4880 office, (615) 337-0964 mobile, Molly Aggas, Bradford Dalton Group, (704) 641-6641 mobile