Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Signs Exclusive Licensing Agreement For Distribution In China
Winhealth currently markets 12 pharmaceutical brands throughout
"Winhealth has grown tremendously in recent years, making them an ideal partner as we look to bring our medicines to patients in
Cumberland has significantly expanded its international network of partners in recent years. In addition to its arrangement with Winhealth, Cumberland has licensed rights for Caldolor to partners in
"We are very selective in the brands we add to our portfolio," said Mr.
Following regulatory approval, Winhealth will use its existing sales force to promote these injectable products throughout
In the U.S., Acetadote is used in emergency departments to prevent or lessen potential liver damage resulting from an overdose of acetaminophen, a common ingredient in many over-the-counter pain relief and fever-reducing products. Acetadote has become a standard of care for treating acetaminophen poisoning in the U.S. since its introduction. Cumberland has developed a next generation formulation of the product that does not contain any stabilizing or preservative agents.
Caldolor features analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties and is designed for the treatment of pain and fever, primarily in hospitalized patients who are unable to receive oral therapies. In clinical trials, Caldolor has demonstrated significant reductions in post-operative pain when compared with opioids alone while significantly reducing opioid requirements.
Both brands are approved by the
About Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection
Acetadote, administered intravenously within 8 to 10 hours after ingestion of a potentially hepatotoxic quantity of acetaminophen, is indicated to prevent or lessen hepatic injury. Used in the emergency department, Acetadote is approved in the U.S. to treat overdose of acetaminophen, a common ingredient in many over-the-counter medications.
Acetadote is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity or previous anaphylactoid reactions to acetylcysteine or any components of the preparation. Serious anaphylactoid reactions, including death in a patient with asthma, have been reported in patients administered acetylcysteine intravenously. Acetadote should be used with caution in patients with asthma or where there is a history of bronchospasm. The total volume administered should be adjusted for patients weighing less than 40 kg and for those requiring fluid restriction. To avoid fluid overload, the volume of diluent should be reduced as needed. If volume is not adjusted, fluid overload can occur, potentially resulting in hyponatremia, seizure and death. For full prescribing information, visit www.acetadote.com.
About Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection
Caldolor is indicated in adults and pediatric patients for the management of mild to moderate pain and management of moderate to severe pain as an adjunct to opioid analgesics, as well as the reduction of fever. It was the first
- Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
- Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
- Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of chronic and acute constipation;
- Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
- Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia;
- Ethyol® (amifostine) Injection, for the reduction of xerostomia (dry mouth) in patients undergoing post-operative radiation treatment for head and neck cancer and the renal toxicity associated with the administration of cisplatin in patients with advanced ovarian cancer;
- Totect®(dexrazoxane hydrochloride) Injection, for emergency oncology intervention, to treat the toxic effects of anthracycline chemotherapy in case of extravasation (drug leakage from the bloodstream into the tissues); and
- Vibativ® (telavancin) Injection, for the treatment of certain serious bacterial infections including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia, as well as complicated skin and skin structure infections.
Cumberland's pipeline of product candidates includes:
- Hepatoren® (ifetroban) Injection, a Phase II candidate for the treatment of critically ill patients suffering from liver and kidney failure associated with hepatorenal syndrome ("HRS");
- Boxaban®(ifetroban) Oral Capsules, a Phase II candidate for the treatment of asthma patients with aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease ("AERD");
- Vasculan®(ifetroban) Oral Capsules, a Phase II candidate for the treatment of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc) a form of autoimmune disease;
- Portaban®(ifetroban) Injection and Oral Capsules, a Phase II candidate for the treatment of patients with portal hypertension associated with liver disease; and
- RediTrexTM (methotrexate) Injection, an approval submission candidate for the treatment of active rheumatoid, juvenile idiopathic and severe psoriatic arthritis, as well as disabling psoriasis.
For more information on Cumberland's approved products, including full prescribing information, please visit the individual product websites, links to which can be found on the Company's website www.cumberlandpharma.com.
As one of the leading integrated commercialization organizations,
Established in 2006, the Company was founded in
For more information, please visit http://en.winhealth.hk/.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and reflect Cumberland's current views on future events based on what it believes are reasonable assumptions. No assurance can be given that these events will occur. Forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding our intent, belief or expectations. As with any business, all phases of Cumberland's operations are subject to factors outside of its control, and any one or combination of these factors could materially affect Cumberland's results of operations. These factors include market conditions, competition, an inability of manufacturers to produce Cumberland's products on a timely basis or failure of manufacturers to comply with regulations applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturers, maintaining an effective sales and marketing infrastructure and other factors discussed in the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent 10-Q's as filed with the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cumberland-pharmaceuticals-signs-exclusive-licensing-agreement-for-distribution-in-china-300850676.html
Investor Contact: Erin Gull, Corporate Relations, (615) 255-0068; Media Contact: Jeff Bradford, the Bradford Group, (615) 515-4880